Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brief Post

Sorry I haven't posted or put up pictures recently. I've started work and it's been very busy and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home.

I've been getting familiar with the areas where I live and around the school. The school is in an especially nice area with lots of new shops and food places. Yesterday I shopped at a beautiful grocery store so I hope to maybe take some pictures (although that is probably considered quite rude by the Japanese!) I also hurt my lower back which makes sitting and typing on a computer pretty uncomfortable!!

Quick piece of trivia: Did you know that smoking while walking outside is an arrestable offense? Also, eating while walking will get you quite a few stares as if to say "Uncouth Foreigner, eating and walking--really!"

Will be back soon, promise :)


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're busy and the school is in a nice area. Don't worry about going to the grocery store and taking pictures--you won't be the first. I'm reading this other canadian's blog called far and away blog ---He's teaching school there as well. He married a japanese wife and has a son now. Any way he's got a funny movie on his blog about going shopping at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me the link so I can check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://kobekevin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how do you like working there? Maybe your next posting can talk about that. We are leaving for Windsor tomorrow afternoon. Matt is picking me up at work. Maybe we can Skype then!

    ReplyDelete